Online marketing (social media marketing) is the new trend for almost all businesses. It seems like everywhere you look online there is an advertisement or pop-up about a company. So, why should you get in on that action? Well, that is the main reason: because everyone else is doing it. That may not be a good reason to do other things (like jump off a bridge), but if everyone else is online and you are not, that leaves you at a disadvantage. If your competitors are advertising on Facebook and Twitter, which means an estimated 200,000 people can see those ads every day. That is a BIG advantage for them. You may have loyal customers, but even if only 10 of those 200,000 people contact you because of those ads, that is still 10 more possible customers.
Some other reasons for using online marketing are:
- It can save you money – Online marketing is much cheaper than traditional marketing. A full-page advertisement in a national magazine can cost you much more than online marketing. New researches and studies show that advertising on cable television can bring you 4.5% Return on Investment (ROI). A pay-per-click ad brings in about 9.88% ROI. But with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) marketing you can bring in approximately 14.02% ROI.
- Much easier and faster than traditional advertising – You will have less work when using our professional online marketing because you can let us schedule your ads and we will even do the metrics for you so you will know how well your advertising is working. You cannot do that with radio, television, or paper advertising.
- Staying competitive – If your competition is using online marketing and you are not, they will get more business than you. It is that simple. With online marketing, you can reach more people around the world, but traditional marketing can only reach a limited amount of people in certain areas.
- SEO – The more you advertise online, the better your SEO becomes. Your main goal is for your company name to pop up on page one when anyone types in what your company does. For example, if you are “Smith Plumbing” you want “Smith Plumbing” to show up on the first page of a Google search when someone searches for one of your keywords, like plumber, plumbing, etc.
- Personalizing your company – With online marketing, you can communicate with your readers. At any time of the day or night, you can get on your Facebook or Twitter account and talk to people, answer questions, post articles, or whatever you want. Become someone who people look for when they think of the service you do or product you sell. Being friendly and personal with your readers can help you get more customers because they will feel they can trust you; unlike other companies that say “Contact Us” but do not answer for two or three days. This is what people want. Businesses who know who they are and make them feel important.