First of all, congratulations on having your own business. In this day and age, it is hard to keep ahead of the pack because there are so many new businesses starting up every day. You must be interested in expanding your reach and growing your business if you are reading this, so that is good too. So why do you need a professional website? Say you are looking for a good cheap cake decorator for your child’s birthday and you come across a good one on Facebook. But, when you try to find them online there is no website anywhere for them. Sure, having a Facebook page is great, but if you want to be taken seriously, you have to have a website that people can find your information on that looks professional. A website can give out all the information the people want to know; who you are, what you offer, what your prices are, etc.
Here are some other reasons you need a professional website:
- To Look Professional – When you want to find someone you expect them to have a website, right? I mean, if they cannot afford to have a professional website, how can they be a serious business? Especially if the business you run is about technology. When somebody asks you for your website what do you say?
- 24/7 Information – You have to sleep sometime, right? Also, people around the world are just waking up when you are going to bed. So what if someone is looking for the product or service you offer and you do not have a website? They call your number and you do not answer, of course because you are asleep. So, how can they get the information they need about you? A website can provide all of your essential information such as pricing, what you offer, and a website where they can reach you.
- Google Yourself – What happens when you Google yourself? If you do not have a website there will probably not be much. Your Facebook, Google, and Twitter pages if you have them. But if you have your own business website then you can register as a business and when someone Google’s your name or the name of your company, they will get your website address.
- Time Saver – One of the most time-consuming activities of a business is answering questions and taking orders. If you have a website with a storefront you can use that extra time doing something else.
- More Customers – Everyone wants more customers. With a professional website, you can advertise all over the internet and about 245 million people can see it. If you do not have a website, how are you reaching your customers? Word of mouth? Advertising in the newspaper or television? That can all get pretty expensive and it is not available 24 hours 7 days a week like your website would be.
No matter what your business is, a professional website can increase your reach and expand your brand. And that is exactly what you need as a small business.